Jennifer Adnitt, a fellow team member has awarded me a Beautiful Blogger Award. To accept, I have to tell you 10 things about me and then share the award with others. So, 10 things about me (in no particular order):
1. I was born in Malta and have been living in Sydney since I was 5 years old.
2. I am trying to learn Italian so that I can go back to Italy one day and tour around without a tour guide. I would love to stay in Florence for a while and live like a local.
3. I love touring around Europe and I'm hoping to return in the next couple of years.
4. I have a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
5. I once climbed Mount Etna about 4 months after it had erupted. A friend of mine was with me at the time and when he returned to his hotel, he found that the bottom of his shoes had started to melt.
6. I love kayaking. My in-laws live near a lake near Success Inlet and they have a kayak. My husband and I often take it out onto the lake when we visit them.
7. I hate everything about war.
8. I love reading. I usually have at least 2 novels on the go at any one time. I enjoy novels that are part non-fiction so that I'm learning about something new all the time. Most of the novels that I enjoy tend to have been written at least 100 years ago.
9. I love solving puzzles. From crossword puzzles to all sorts of logic puzzles.
10. My husband proposed to me when we were eating out to celebrate being together for 2 years. He arranged for the ring to be put in a split strawberry on my dessert plate. He had been acting a bit funny all day, especially when we got to the restaurant. When we arrived and I sat down he made me swap seats with him because he 'needed' to face the kitchen because he 'wanted to keep an eye on things'. He started to panic when I said that I wouldn't order dessert because I was full. He finally talked me into it and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the shiny ring on my plate.
Phew, that was harder than I thought it would be.
Now, for some other blogs to give the award to. I have chosen blogs by some wonderful ladies in my Stampin' Up! team and who are all extremely talented.