27 June 2010

Big-Shot Brayering


Created by Lorna Images ©1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®
I've had my brayer (page 156) of the current catalogue for ages, but I haven't used it much at all. Well, I thought I'd change that and I used it to make this card at my last class. Brayering highlights even more that you can do using the Textured Embossing folders in the Big Shot (page 11 of the current mini catalogue).
I've used a colour combination that is a little out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to use up my cardstock of retiring colours and the card has turned out a bit brighter that what I would normally be happy with.
To make the main feature of the card, I embossed the Manhattan Flower on Whisper White cardstock. Turned it over and brayered Orchid Opulence on the back. The result leaves a beautiful white highlight of the Manhatten flower. I also used the Perfect Polka Dots on the Yoyo Yellow cardstock.
Ingredients
Cardstock: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Yoyo Yellow, Handsome Hunter
Ink: Orchid Opulence
Stamp Sets: Picture This
Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots & Manhattan Flowers textured impressions ebossing folders

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pin It