10 September 2008

Happy Father's Day



Created by Lorna
Images ©1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

This is the card I gave to my Dad on Sunday. I tried to make it as masculine as possible, which is always a bit of a struggle for me! However, whenever I give my dad a card, he always suggests I make it a bit "sparkly". How to make a masculine card "sparkly" without changing it into a feminine card? I pulled out my 2-way glue pen and ran a line of it under "Father's" in the top panel, then I poured Dazzling Diamonds over it and tapped off the excess. So, even though you can't really tell in the photo, there is a bit of sparkle in this card and it does make it a bit more special (thanks for the tip Dad). All the colours I've used are this year's in colours (except for the Very Vanilla card) - Blue Bayou card and ink, Wild Wasabi card and River Rock card. The main greeting is from Occasional Greetings on page 121 and the others are from Wonderful Favourites on page 119. The spots on the bottom half of the card are from Boho Backgrounds on page 97.

I hope all the dads out there had a very special Father's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pin It